That would apply across all users then, wouldn't it? What if I wanted to set it
on a per user basis, but only for the MySQL sessions?

Thanks,
George> Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 00:47:07 -0800> Subject: Re: Setting the value
for the EDITOR variable> From: vegiv...@tuxera.be> CC: mysql@lists.mysql.com> >
You need to set that in the script that starts your mysql daemon, probably>
/etc/init.d/mysql or something similar.> > On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 3:44 PM,
Xristos Karvouneas> <kalamat...@hotmail.com>wrote:> > >> > Dear All,> >> > I
would like to be able to do that from the cnf file, as I want to have a> >
different editor for MySQL commands than the one I use when writing shell> >
scripts. When I put the following in the .my.cnf file,> > [shell]> >
EDITOR=/usr/local/bin/pico> > export EDITOR> >> > I get no error messages when
mysql starts up, but the value of the EDITOR> > variable does not change.> >> >
Is there any way I can achieve that from the cnf file?> >> > Thanks,> >
Show them the way! Add maps and directions to your party invites.> >
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/events.aspx> > > > > -- > Celsius
is based on water temperature.> Fahrenheit is based on alcohol temperature.>
Ergo, Fahrenheit is better than Celsius. QED.
Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Spaces.
It's easy!