A few weeks back I was reading an article that said that INNODB doesn't take
adantage of servers using more than 4 processors.  I think I also recieved this
as a reply some time ago as to the same thing.

I was wondering if this is indeed true.  We are using 5.1.30 and wanted to
pickup a new dual quad core with 32GB.  Before we make the purchase we just
want to make sure the database will be able to take advantage of it.  Otherwise
we will go for the dual core higher speed.

This will support hundreds of connections per second and some complicated
queries.  Overall the data will be less than 50gb so we are looking at more ram
to hope that it will support both application and os level caching.

Gary