Hi Johan,
dirs and files exist (also chmodded to 777)
the strange thing is that this behaviour is on more than one slave,
I think it is a bug related to the Information Schema and to the fact I use innodb_file_per_table. Not being able to drop a database is definitely a bug, it seems that somewhere it's locked.
Thanks, I continue investigating.
C.

PS: MySQL is 5.0.45

Johan De Meersman wrote:
* check on your filesystem if the directory actually still exists - rmdir on a nonexisting dir might throw a non-zero exit * Take your db offline and do an fsck. If you want, you could flush tables with read lock, then mount -oremount,ro and then fsck - that'll keep your db up for reads, at least. DON'T let fsck fix things that way, though - for that you really do need to shut down the db and unmount the disk.