Dan-

I would concentrate on SQL certification first

To  know package foo does bar method for MySQL is a good extra tool to have in
your toolbelt
but more important for the bigger companies to be able to use your skillset for
MySQL AND DB2 AND Oracle

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business
of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not
endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does
not necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission.