Generally, data cubes are designed to never delete data.  Our reports
are accumulative so it's not an everyday issue.  We tend to reuld the
data if there is a problem and, as LOAD DATA is so quick and the
queries themselves so potentially time consuming, this is not
perceived as much of an inconvenience.

You are not going to find full-text search or an other indexing
structures in this storage engine..  Those operations are always
expensive and therefore don't belong in the data warehousing space.

The idea is to boil down your raw data into pure integer structures
before it gets into the warehouse..  that's when reporting on massive
amounts of data becomes feasibile.  Any verbal content gets reduced to
indexes into a global dictionary.

It's important to note that data warehousing, business intelligence,
data cubing, whatever you want to call it, is fundamentally different
than the operational business data which is the backbone of our
day-to-day business.

 - michael dykman