I am brand new to MySQL and JAVA/Netbeans 6.5 so please excuse the stupid questions ...

1. I have just downloaded and successfully installed MySQL v5.1 on my MacBook Pro running OS X 10.5.6

2. I have also downloaded and installed MySQL Tools: Administrator & Query Browser

(I come from a Visual Basic & MS SQL Server 2000/2005 environment)

When you install MS SQL server the default login is "sa" with a blank password.

My question is;

How do I login (connection settings) to MySQL (for Administrator and Query Browser tools)?

(I start my server by going to settings and then MySQL icon, Start Server, so my server is running) Unfortunately, I have never seen MySQL in action nor do I know anyone to ask/show me how to get started.