>SELECT forums.id , COUNT( forum_msg.id ) AS cnt
>FROM forums
>LEFT JOIN forum_msg ON forums.id = forum_msg.forum_id
>ORDER BY forums.sorder ASC

Missing GROUP BY.

PB

-----

Artem Kuchin wrote:
I have two simple tables. One - list of forums, second - list of messages and i want to
get the list of forums with number of messages in each.

Here is the query:

SELECT forums.id , COUNT( forum_msg.id ) AS cnt
FROM forums
LEFT JOIN forum_msg ON forums.id = forum_msg.forum_id
ORDER BY forums.sorder ASC

The problem is that if  a forum does not have any messages then the line
with such forums.id does not appear at all.

If i delete COUNT( forum_msg.id ) AS cnt from Select  - i get all forums,
as expected. If i leave the count() as shown - i get only forums with messages in the result. As far as i can remember it was not like this before. I am running
5.1.3

--
Artem Kuchin