:S

Hi Bryan

Actually changing the slave setup after a reboot is a very bad idea, you will have inconsistent data on your slave because every transaction made from when you rebooted the server to when you reset the position will not be copied from the master. Thats the point of the position information, that MySQL can know what data has been replicated and what data has not been. My understanding is that you should never have to reset the binlog position info after initial setup unless you are reinitialising your slave with a new copy of the data from the master because the slave broke for whatever reason. I have several DBs copied to slaves and have never had to reset anything following a reboot of the slave (or master for that matter).

If you are finding replication stops after a reboot then I think you have a serious problem, but don't know what that might be. Post some more info and someone on the list can probably help,

thanks Andy.

Quoting Bryan Irvine <sparcta...@gmail.com>:

The information is there and the replica can connect on a reboot but
only if that information has not changed correct?

e.g. I reboot the slave, and on the master just run "reset master;"
the bin.000001 could change to bin.000002 and the pos change from 98
to 15443 or some such.  If I do that do I then need to re-run the "set
master to" statements when the slave comes back up? or can that be
handled automatically?

-Bryan