Juan:

We've had success with spatial indexes and mysql on our sites however our
numbers are smaller:

http://brokersnetwork.com (200,000+ records)

http://yearlyrentals.com (200,000+ records)

http://avalonrealestate.com/map.php (4,400+ records)

Not sure why you you need the trucks location 'every second' ie:

31,536,000 rows per year per truck ?

doing every 30 seconds seems more manageable at 1,051,200 rows per year
per truck?  Maybe better at 60 seconds?

Jim