I can't help you directly, however I find the silence deafening, you'd expect a
little more participation from the mysql devs - it's not exactly a high volume
list.

I recall getting a sigbus from postgres on netbsd a few months back and that
turned out to be a bad build due to the combination of a linker error and
specific piece of code.  However that's a totally different scenario, in fact
I'm not sure there's even a point to me writing it. Yeah, forget that entire
paragraph.

There are a few steps you can take to try and narrow down the problem listed
here:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/crashing.html

Perhaps that's a start.