Hi Stefano,

I'm guessing your remote (non-local) server is using a different user account than your local server.

r...@localhost
r...@%
r...@somehost.com

are all different users. If your remote host, or wildhost user account has the REQUIRE X509 flag (user must be certified) but your local one doesn't, that would explain it.

What are your MySQL versions on both your server and remote client? What errors do you get on your client?

Regards,
Andy

Stefano Elmopi wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to make connections ssl.
I followed the MySQL guide and I've configured the server
then I created a normal user, without the REQUIRE SSL.
On the same server can connect with the only option:

mysql --ssl-ca=cacert.pem -u Pluto -p

but if I try to connect from another host, I must, forcibly, also specify the options:

--ssl-cert=client-cert.pem
--ssl-key=client-key.pem

Why ??
The guide says that even from another host, on a normal user,
you can use the only option:

--ssl-ca

but it is not, I am forced to certify the client.
Something wrong?

Thanks

Ing. Stefano Elmopi
Gruppo Darco - Area ICT Sistemi