Hi,

I'm trying to design a relational database where two tables link to each other through unique id sa below
Table 1
table1_id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO INCREMENT,
entrydate TIMESTAMP

Table2
table2_id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
table1_id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
entrydate TIMESTAMP,

Sorry. The above is just a rough sketch of what I have here and I hope you understand what I'm trying to portray but the value of >table1_id inside table2 keeps returning the value 0 thereby it doesn't correspond with any value in table1_id in table1.
Please I need help on this issue.
Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response.

Are you actually -filling in- the "table1_id" in "table2"? If not, do you think
it will magically appear with the right value from "table1"? How should
that happen?

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Download FREE Database Workbench Lite for MySQL!

Database questions? Check the forum:
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com