Hi,

In what way can having more cores slow down MySQL (or any other app for that matter)? Are you simlpy referring to the fact that some mutlicore servers might be slower in single threaded preformance than a higher clocked single core system? If I have a mutlicore system with fast single threaded performance I wouldnt expect it to be slower in almost any cases with something like a mutliprocess database system,

thanks Andy.

Quoting mos <mo...@fastmail.fm>:

Using more cores with MySQL doesn't mean it will run faster. In fact, it could slow it down. Make sure you have done benchmarking with your current computer so you can compare the difference. InnoDb and MyISAM don't scale well with multi-cores I'm afraid.