From: Lin Chun [franks1...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 7:49 AM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Partition of Mysql

Hi

I have a table that stores huge rows in 15 years, now we have to do some
analysis about these row in Time dimension.To gain performance,at  begining,
i've extrait the data according to years from my DB to build my fact table.
But since I have 15 fact tables, that complicate my olap cube.Today, i found
that mysql surpport partition table since 5.1, i wanna know is it work well
? I mean that is it more efficace than table with-out partitions?
I don't want to transformer the data again, as it takes too much time, is it
possible to  just alter my orignal table to add the partitions by years,

excuse my poor english writing and thank you for your answers