On Apr 29, 2009, at 11:29 AM, Antonio PHP wrote:

This is MySQL data structure. - I underlined where it causes the error
message. (datetime)
`id_Company` smallint(6) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`Name` varchar(50) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL
`Revenue` mediumint(6) NOT NULL,
`Company_Size` mediumint(6) NOT NULL,
`Ownership` tinyint(1) NOT NULL,
`Homepage` varchar(50) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL, `Job_Source` varchar(100) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT
NULL,
`Updated` timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
*`Created` datetime NOT NULL,
*PRIMARY KEY (`id_Company`),
KEY `Ownership` (`Ownership`)
)
ENGINE=InnoDB  DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8
FOREIGN KEY (`Ownership`) REFERENCES `ownership` (`id_Ownership`) ON DELETE
CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE;

Next time can you include unmodified SQL so it is a copy and paste for me, rather than debugging what changes you made that are causing error.

Here is php script -----------------------------
$sql = "INSERT INTO company SET
Name='$Name',
Revenue='$Revenue',
Company_Size='$Company_Size',
Ownership='$Ownership',
Homepage='$Homepage',
Job_Source='$Job_Source'
*Created=NOW() // if I remove this line it works fine.
*";
mysql_query ($sql) or die (mysql_error());

Same here, as I am not sure your edits are just edits, or the lack of a comma after the job source variable is the issue.

This works on my end:

     $Name         = 'Tom';
     $Revenue      = '100';
     $Company_Size = '500';
     $Ownership    = 'partner';
     $Homepage     = 'example.com';
     $Job_Source   = 'friend';

     $sql = "INSERT INTO mailing SET
     Name='$Name',
     Revenue='$Revenue',
     Company_Size='$Company_Size',
     Ownership='$Ownership',
     Homepage='$Homepage',
     Job_Source='$Job_Source',
     Created=NOW()";

     echo $sql;

     mysql_query ($sql) or die (mysql_error());