Always echo out your SQL string, it will make it a lot more obvious. You want to see the result. I php concatenated string can be confusing at times.

Also, you are not escaping your data, so if you had a word of 'stops, here' that would break it as well.

So in your case, you very well may break it by changing the data you put in. You could also do something like stuffing "drop database foo;" into your data, and be in for real fun.

Pass every string to http://us2.php.net/mysql_real_escape_string