Hello Marshall,

Saturday, June 09, 2001, 9:05:18 AM, you wrote:

MB> I'm a new user, working through the tutorial provided in the MySQL documentation
(chapter 9). I'm trying to load the data from the pet.txt file into the pet table
using the specified command:
MB> mysql> load data local infile "pet.txt" into table pet;

MB> I get the following:
MB> ERROR:
MB> File 'pet.txt' not found (Errcode: 2)

MB> I assumed that the text file was in the wrong directory, and reviewed the section
describing the load data local command. Just to be safe, I put copies of the text file
in several locations,
MB> including the menagerie directory (which should be the only one required), the bin
directory, and the mysql directory. I still get the error message.

MB> What might I be doing wrong?

MB> Also, is there a FAQ that might hold the answer to newbie questions like this?

MB> Thanks for the help.

Did you try load data local infile "...fullpath/pet.txt" into
table pet;?

--
Best regards,
 Olexandr                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]