blackwater dev wrote:
I have a hold car data such as color, model, make, year, etc.  I want to
allow the user to answer some questions and I'll present them with the car
that 'best' matches their criteria.  How do I do this?  I still want to
return ones that don't match exactly but want the closer matches ordered at
the top:

Table:cars

columns: car_id, make, model, year, color, condition

So if the user enterrs:

model: Toyota
year: 1998
condition:great
color: blue

I would show them a blue 1998 good conditioned camry first but farther down
in the list might still have a blue good condition 98 Honda.

Thanks!
Perhaps:
SELECT * FROM cars order by model!='Toyota',model;