Michael Dykman wrote:

It might be helpful if you could tell us how you affected your data
migration

Sorry, I'm not familiar with reporting problems in/on mysql.

The data migration was done with a full database dump (mysqldump) from the 32bit system, then a reload on the new 64bit system. I think it took 6-8 hours.

> and what kind of job was running at the time it went down.

The job executing the SQL mentioned in the log ran on another server. It is a SELECT running from the command line (in a Makefile). I'm not sure what else to tell you.

Having the server go away mid-query generally does mean you have run
into a bug of some sort but, more often than not, you were doing
something ill-advised at the time.

The setup has been running for at least two years with no such problems.

Let me know what other info would be interesting.

best regards
Per Jessen