You can configure it in the my.cnf file: there you can set the data
directory.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Foo JH [mailto:jhfoo...@extracktor.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 2. Juni 2009 05:00
An: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Betreff: creating databases in different folders

Hi all,

I'm using MySQL 5.0 on Windows 2003.

Problem background: We use the same server for different applications.
All the applications share the same server as the database server. Each
application uses their own database. In MSSQL we put each database in
the corresponding application folder so that the application root folder
contains everything (including the database).

Now we're trying to do the same for MySQL as well, but I'm not sure how
I can specify that a database should be created in a particular
directory (and it's almost always not in C:\Program Files\MySQL Server).

Can anyone advise? Thanks.