Hi
I think you mean that you want to get some results (by calculating the data
in remote database) and then stock them in local database;
so dosen't need to dump the db and transfer to local,but need to do some
program to fetch the result and insert into the local database;
In addition, like John said, you can try to use Talend or Kettle to avoid
the coding part.