On 4 Jul 2009, at 07:48, Nathan Huang wrote:

I am going to fetch out the data from remote mysql database according to timestamps colmmen, however my local date is different from the one on remote mysql database, how can I get right timestamp using the date of remote time zone? that is to say I set the date and send itto remote server or database to calculate timestamps of it
thanks in advance

There is one straightforward solution: only ever keep timestamps in UTC/GMT and correct for time zone / DST when you display them. While that can be confusing sometimes, overall it's a much simpler way of working that storing local times.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK resellers of i...@hand CRM solutions