Assuming that synchornizing the clocks between the systems is beyond
your control you could try getting the UTC timestamp from both
systems, then adjust your date/time math according to the difference
between them.

 >  select unix_timestamp(utc_timestamp());

It is more than a little hacky, but it will work

 - michael dykman

On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 2:48 AM, Nathan
Huang<nathan.vorbei.t...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys
> I am going to fetch out the data from remote mysql database according to
> timestamps colmmen, however my local date is different from the one on
> remote mysql database,
> how can I get right timestamp using the date of remote time zone? that is to
> say I set the date and send itto remote server or database to calculate
>  timestamps of it
> thanks in advance
> nathan
>
> --

 - michael dykman
 - mdyk...@gmail.com

 - All models are wrong.  Some models are useful.