        From: Gary Smith [mailto:g...@primeexalia.com]
        Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 2:11 PM
        To: Johnny Withers; Daevid Vincent
        Cc: mysql@lists.mysql.com
        Subject: RE: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start now

        Johnny,

        I'm less worried about the month in between than the fact that all
of the dates for the files on his USB data should be roughly the same.  It
looks to me like he tried to start it against the data on the USB drive.
Another question is, was this an cold backup or hot backup?  If this were a
hot backup, I could see this problem happening.  If it were a could backup,
it should work.