the application program and mysql server are in the same host
and i have add skip-name-resolv to the my.cnf and
extend the max_allowed_packet from 16M to 32M

our application connected to mysql server from mysql.sock

before the query which cause "lost connection to MySQLserver.."
we only ran some sql that create table(s)

i have read this article http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/gone-away.html
and can get rid of the problems this article referred

it seems that our problem is similar to this bug:
http://lists.mysql.com/commits/9447
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=15752

but, this bug has been fixed in 5.0.25

are there any suggestions ? or any other informaion (s) should i post here?

thanks!

stutiredboy

Claudio Nanni wrote:
Can you provide more details?
network layout, type of client/app used, connectors,etc,etc?
Thanks

Claudio