From: Patrice Olivier-Wilson [mailto:b...@biz-comm.com]
Sent: 26 September 2009 17:08
To: mysql
Subject: Newbie question: importing cvs settings

Greetings:

I have a project for which need to import cvs files into db.

I can do so up to a point. The import will only do 16 lines,
consistently. Error is failing at line 17.

Steps:

create table fields in Excel document, where they all match database fields
enter information in several of the columns, but not all as client will
be filling it in online (leaving ID blank)
save excel to .cvs
log into phpMyAdmin
import cvs

I've experimented with several settings in the import, but consistently,
it fails at line 17, even with different .cvs files.

Any guidance, most appreciated.

--
Patrice Olivier-Wilson
888-385-7217