Ah, works for InnoDB I see.

Nice.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Database questions? Check the forum:
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

  Looks to me we should use XA transaction syntax instead. Check this:

  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/xa.html

  Thanks,
  YY

  2009/10/28 Martijn Tonies <m.ton...@upscene.com>

    Michael,

    Does MySQL support multi-db transactions?

    With regards,

    Martijn Tonies
    Upscene Productions
    http://www.upscene.com

    Database questions? Check the forum:
    http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

    That is correct.  Many db interfaces off programmatic abstractions of
    these facilities, but you may certainly just issue the statments.

    START TRANSACTION

    INSERT that
    UPDATE that

    on success: COMMIT