There seems to be some confusion about 'multi-db'.    Within a single
MySQL instance, assuming that all your tables are a transactional type
(InnoDB isn't the only one), you don't have to do anything special to
cross database boundaries.  XA is required if you plan to spread your
transactions out across multiple database instances.

 - michael