Hey all,

I was building a table for storing email addresses today and ran into an
issue that I couldn't find an answer for using Google.  If I declare the
column as a VARCHAR (this is an InnoDB table), does it matter what size I
declare it as if it's between 1 and 255?  I know there's an extra byte of
storage once it goes above 255 because of the length, but is there a storage
difference between VARCHAR(100) and VARCHAR(255)?  Obviously there's a
functional difference in what gets cut off when I try to store into that
table, but is that the only difference?

Thanks for any insight,
Waynn