I've been using automysqlbackup 2.5 for years on a particular database, and
it's always performed great. Recently, however, I've become encountering
problems when trying to re-import one of its dumped sql files. (Not sure if it
matters, but the database file in question is large and growing -- about 10GB.
The other databases automysqlbackup backs up are fine.)

Basically on the import, MySQL fails and returns an error indicating a problem
with the dump file:

mysql -u root -p < dump_file.sql  (~10GB)
Enter password:
ERROR 1300 (HY000) at line 426: Invalid utf8 character string: '?03422'

Sure enough, I look at the line in dump_file.sql, which should contain two
unsigned ints, and two unsigned small ints:

        [...],(32562206,1228?03422,1641,135),[...]

And yup, there's a question mark in the middle of the second unsigned int, for
some strange reason. Not in any of the other rows in that statement. When I
look at the existing database from which the dump file was made, that row is
fine:

mysql> SELECT * FROM bandwidth WHERE id = 32562206;
| id       | time_sec   | device_id | bytes |
| 32562206 | 1228803422 |      1641 |   135 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

So... It appears either mysqldump and/or automysqlbackup is having a problem
dumping a true copy of the database.

Anyone else run into this sort of thing? Any suggestions? Thanks.

...Rene