On Nov 27, 2009, at 6:17 PM, Miguel Vaz wrote:
> My 3rd option seems to be the most simple, although i admit it doesnt sound
> quite right. Having fixed table fields for languages doesnt seem correct.

Well, it all depends.  If you need to add a column later, you need to do an
ALTER TABLE.  In a production environment, that may be killing (do you want
your website to be down for 30 minutes why you do an ALTER TABLE ?? ).

Then again, if that table isn't updated a lot, you could build another version
with the extra column, and do an atomic rename to put it in place.

It all depends on your environment...

Liz