Terry Van de Velde wrote:
Good Day,

I am attempting to do something new (to me) with MySQL. I am looking to have
my query return with the value in the visitor and home columns replaced with
the corresponding team name from the teams table.  schedule.visitor and
schedule.home are essentially foreign keys to teams.team_no (though I have
not defined them as such yet). What I have been trying is the select
statement below which is fine when joining using one team (say the home
team), but as soon as I attempt to add in the visitor team, things fall
apart.

select * from table as t1,table as t2,table as t3 where t1.column1='blah' and t2.column2='blah' and t3.column3='blah'

does the same thing as

select * from table where column1='blah' and column2='blah' and column3='blah'

Does that do what you're after?

Gary