According to MySQL docs, it should still work atomically.  Granted, I
have only used this particular trick when they are on the same
filesystem.  Copying across filesystems, I imagine it should still be
atomic, but your system may be locked for awhile.

Obviously, a dedicated RENAME DATABASE command would have the same limitations.

 - michael dykman

--
 - michael dykman
 - mdyk...@gmail.com

"May you live every day of your life."
    Jonathan Swift

Larry's First Law of Language Redesign: Everyone wants the colon.