In our case, we purposely avoid using any of those features. Just straight
up INNODB tables. Permissions would be an issue, but in my case, I have a
new dump of a database that I want to 'swap' with the existing one. A
simple rename old, rename new to old would have solved it. Hence this
thread. :) Therefore permissions should be fine as they go by DB name AFAIK
and not some "pointer".