Madison Kelly wrote:
Hi all,

I've got a fairly large set of databases I'm backing up each Friday. The dump takes about 12.5h to finish, generating a ~172 GB file. When I try to load it though, *after* manually dumping the old databases, it takes 1.5~2 days to load the same databases. I am guessing this is, at least in part, due to indexing.

My question is; Given an empty target DB and a dump file generated via:

ssh r...@server "mysqldump --all-databases -psecret" > /path/to/backup.sql
I use the "-e -v -f -q -Q -K" parameters for the mysqldump on large tables/databases. It does what you are asking for. Disables the key generation until all of the data is inserted. It also uses multi insert statements and not individual insert statement for every row which speeds up things considerable.