To: "Ken D'Ambrosio" <k...@jots.org>
Cc: "mysql" <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2009 10:33 AM
Subject: Re: Database fundamentals: wanna learn.

Hi Ken,
thanks for sharing!

If you want to start from scratch, I would go for a book like this:
http://www.amazon.com/SQL-Complete-Reference-James-Groff/dp/0071592555/ref=dp_ob_title_bk
I did not 'read' it thru, but this is the one I would buy.

If you want to embrace MySQL, in my opinion, the best book you can get is
MySQL 4th edition by Paul DuBois.
It's complete, even more, very readable, and it can be with you for a long
time.

But if you need to grasp better the basic concepts go for a generik SQL
book(like the top one), then go with MySQL specific if you want, or others.

Cheers

Claudio