Miguel,

On Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Miguel Angel Nieto
<cor...@miguelangelnieto.net> wrote:
>> Load balancing, or high availability?
>>
>> I do not think there is anything good and simple AND generic out of
>> the box.  As previous posters have noted, you generally have to build
>> something on top of other tools.
>
> Hi,
>
> I have the HA solved with MMM. Now, I want load balacing, sending read
> queries to slaves and write queries to masters. I read about mysql
> proxy, sqlrelay...  but I didn't know the difference betwen them, and

I think the best way to do this is to split in your application.  The
"magical" read/write split, done in a way that's invisible to the
application, is almost invariably a source of problems when there is
replication lag (which there always is).  The application needs to be
aware of replication lag and must know how to handle it or when it's
OK to ignore it.  Most applications cannot simply let a dumb
intermediate layer handle it for them, because there are always cases
when lag is not permissible at all, mixed with cases where lag is OK,
and the application needs to make the decision.

--
Baron Schwartz
Percona Inc: Services and Support for MySQL