Hello SixK,

Are you sure, that you are running in a join limitiation?
I think that just your max-open-tables is per default = 32.

Look at
/etc/my.cnf
  set-variable    = table_cache=64

Just change this variable to do what you want.
As every open table uses resources, an 'infinite' value might not be the best idea.

regards
Gunnar von Boehn

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, SixK wrote:

>Hello,
>
>    I always have my problem with the 31 tables in a join limitation.
>    In crash-me database comparaison page, I saw that mysqld 3.23.39 could
>    manage up to 63 tables in a join. I didn't see in history log that
>    the limite has been updated from 31 (in 3.23.36 version we use) to
>    63 tables.
>    So, is it a new feature not yet listed in MySqld3.23.39 history log ?
>    Is there a parameter in 3.23.36 version to change to be able to
>    use up to 63 tables in a join ?
>    Why only 63 tables, it not look like a C limitation??? infinite would have been
>better ;))
>

>--
>Best regards,
> SixK
>             //
>         \\ //    Amiga spirit will never die
>          \\/

OT: Amiga was a very fine machine, sometimes I miss the good old days :-)