Your innodb data file just auto-extended until you either reached its max or
ran out of disk space if you had no max.

The only way I know to reduce it is to dump all the innodb tables, drop the
innodb data file and logs (and drop the innodb tables if you're using
file-per-table), restart mysql, let it rebuild the innodb files, and reload
the innodb tables from the dump file.