On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 4:49 PM, Brent Clark <brentgclarkl...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 11/03/2010 16:52, Krishna Chandra Prajapati wrote:
>
>> Hi Brent
>>
>> You can visit the below link.
>>

>> http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2009/06/09/mysql-proxy-urgh-performance-and-scalability/
>>

> Well thats disappointing.
>
> sigh
> So what are we supposed to use for loadbalancing mysql.

Throw plenty of servers at it :-) If you put three servers behind the proxy,
you'll get the same performance as a single server, every additional server
is performance benefit :-D

Seriously, though, I don't have much faith in these kind of things (in the
context of read/write splitting, that is), because the proxy can never know
wether there'll be a write-request in the session without notification from
the client anyways. If you have to modify your application anyway, just do
it toroughly (you have to fish out the connects that will write in either
case, so that's half the work done) and make your application fully
slave-aware. That also allows you to tighten security by assigning a
select-only user for the read connections, diminishing the chances of a
succesfull sql injection.

If you're wondering about loadbalancing between read-only slaves, you don't
need a SQL aware proxy, just balance at level 4 using ldirectord or a
hardware loadbalancer with sticky sessions.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn