On *nix, look for a utility called convmv.

I've got a hunch that your original file comes from a windows host, and the
filenames may have been copied from a word document or something similar.
Microsoft knows best, and thus tends to convert regular dashes into some
weird, slightly elongated version. If you copy that to a filename, and then
move that file to a *nix host, you get strange stuff. It's all for your own
good, apparently.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn