What changed between your test that took 5ms and the current production system?

-----Original Message-----
From: Abdul Mohid Khan [mailto:abdulmohid.k...@magnaquest.com]
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2010 12:27 AM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Cc: Abdul Mohid Khan
Subject: Best Configuration on Production Server

Hi list,

I am having a problem with one of our production server. The performance
of the server get decrease considerably in production server. We are
using mysql data base of a Authentication Server. When we have tested
same server on test environment (2GB RAM, 2 CPU) we are getting 5 ms but
in production same request is taking 50 ms.

The Production sever configuration

No of CPU : 8
RAM : 8 GB
OS : Cent OS

Here i am giving the show variable out put on the system. Please help to
do the best configuration for my mysql server on production. We are
using both MyISM and InnoDB engine.

| auto_increment_offset           |
1                                                          |
| automatic_sp_privileges         |
ON                                                         |
| back_log                        |
50                                                         |
| basedir                         |
/usr/                                                      |
| bdb_cache_size                  |
8384512                                                    |
| bdb_home                        |
/var/lib/mysql/                                            |
| bdb_log_buffer_size             |
262144                                                     |
| bdb_logdir
| bdb_max_lock                    |
10000                                                      |
| bdb_shared_data                 |
OFF                                                        |
| bdb_tmpdir                      |
/tmp/                                                      |
| binlog_cache_size               |
32768                                                      |
| bulk_insert_buffer_size         |
8388608                                                    |
| character_set_client            |
latin1                                                     |
| character_set_connection        |
latin1                                                     |
| character_set_database          |
latin1                                                     |
| character_set_filesystem        |
binary                                                     |
| character_set_results           |
latin1                                                     |
| character_set_server            |
latin1                                                     |
| character_set_system            |
utf8                                                       |
| character_sets_dir              |
/usr/share/mysql/charsets/                                 |
| collation_connection            |
latin1_swedish_ci                                          |
| collation_database              |
latin1_swedish_ci                                          |
| collation_server                |
latin1_swedish_ci                                          |
| completion_type                 |
0                                                          |
| concurrent_insert               |
1                                                          |
| connect_timeout                 |
10                                                         |
| datadir                         |
/var/lib/mysql/                                            |
| date_format                     |
%Y-%m-%d                                                   |
| datetime_format                 | %Y-%m-%d
%H:%i:%s                                          |
| default_week_format             |
0                                                          |
| delay_key_write                 |
ON                                                         |
| delayed_insert_limit            |
100                                                        |
| delayed_insert_timeout          |
300                                                        |
| delayed_queue_size              |
1000                                                       |
| div_precision_increment         |
4                                                          |
| keep_files_on_create            |
OFF                                                        |
| engine_condition_pushdown       |
OFF                                                        |
| expire_logs_days                |
0                                                          |
| flush                           |
OFF                                                        |
| flush_time                      |
0                                                          |
| ft_boolean_syntax               | +
-><()~*:""&|                                             |
| ft_max_word_len                 |
84                                                         |
| ft_min_word_len                 |
4                                                          |
| ft_query_expansion_limit        |
20                                                         |
| ft_stopword_file                |
(built-in)                                                 |
| group_concat_max_len            |
1024                                                       |
| have_archive                    |
NO                                                         |
| have_bdb                        |
YES                                                        |
| have_blackhole_engine           |
NO                                                         |
| have_compress                   |
YES                                                        |
| have_crypt                      |
YES                                                        |
| have_csv                        |
NO                                                         |
| have_dynamic_loading            |
YES                                                        |
| have_example_engine             |
NO                                                         |
| have_federated_engine           |
NO                                                         |
| have_geometry                   |
YES                                                        |
| have_innodb                     |
YES                                                        |
| have_isam                       |
NO                                                         |
| have_merge_engine               |
YES                                                        |
| have_ndbcluster                 |
NO                                                         |
| have_openssl                    |
DISABLED                                                   |
| have_ssl                        |
DISABLED                                                   |
| have_query_cache                |
YES                                                        |
| have_raid                       |
NO                                                         |
| have_rtree_keys                 |
YES                                                        |
| have_symlink                    |
YES                                                        |
| hostname                        | server
                                      |
| init_connect
| init_file
| init_slave
| innodb_additional_mem_pool_size |
1048576                                                    |
| innodb_autoextend_increment     |
8                                                          |
| innodb_buffer_pool_awe_mem_mb   |
0                                                          |
| innodb_buffer_pool_size         |
8388608                                                    |
| innodb_checksums                |
ON                                                         |
| innodb_commit_concurrency       |
0                                                          |
| innodb_concurrency_tickets      |
500                                                        |
| innodb_data_file_path           |
ibdata1:10M:autoextend                                     |
| innodb_data_home_dir
| innodb_adaptive_hash_index      |
ON                                                         |
| innodb_doublewrite              |
ON                                                         |
| innodb_fast_shutdown            |
1                                                          |
| innodb_file_io_threads          |
4                                                          |
| innodb_file_per_table           |
OFF                                                        |
| innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit  |
1                                                          |
| innodb_flush_method
| innodb_force_recovery           |
0                                                          |
| innodb_lock_wait_timeout        |
50                                                         |
| innodb_locks_unsafe_for_binlog  |
OFF                                                        |
| innodb_log_arch_dir
| innodb_log_archive              |
OFF                                                        |
| innodb_log_buffer_size          |
1048576                                                    |
| innodb_log_file_size            |
5242880                                                    |
| innodb_log_files_in_group       |
2                                                          |
| innodb_log_group_home_dir       |
./                                                         |
| innodb_max_dirty_pages_pct      |
90                                                         |
| innodb_max_purge_lag            |
0                                                          |
| innodb_mirrored_log_groups      |
1                                                          |
| innodb_open_files               |
300                                                        |
| innodb_rollback_on_timeout      |
OFF                                                        |
| innodb_support_xa               |
ON                                                         |
| innodb_sync_spin_loops          |
20                                                         |
| innodb_table_locks              |
ON                                                         |
| innodb_thread_concurrency       |
8                                                          |
| innodb_thread_sleep_delay       |
10000                                                      |
| interactive_timeout             |
28800                                                      |
| join_buffer_size                |
131072                                                     |
| key_buffer_size                 |
268435456                                                  |
| key_cache_age_threshold         |
300                                                        |
| key_cache_block_size            |
1024                                                       |
| key_cache_division_limit        |
100                                                        |
| language                        |
/usr/share/mysql/english/                                  |
| large_files_support             |
ON                                                         |
| large_page_size                 |
0                                                          |
| large_pages                     |
OFF                                                        |
| lc_time_names                   |
en_US                                                      |
| license                         |
GPL                                                        |
| local_infile                    |
ON                                                         |
| locked_in_memory                |
OFF                                                        |
| log                             |
OFF                                                        |
| log_bin                         |
OFF                                                        |
| log_bin_trust_function_creators |
OFF                                                        |
| log_error
| log_queries_not_using_indexes   |
OFF                                                        |
| log_slave_updates               |
OFF                                                        |
| log_slow_queries                |
OFF                                                        |
| log_warnings                    |
1                                                          |
| long_query_time                 |
10                                                         |
| low_priority_updates            |
OFF                                                        |
| lower_case_file_system          |
OFF                                                        |
| lower_case_table_names          |
1                                                          |
| max_allowed_packet              |
1048576                                                    |
| max_binlog_cache_size           |
18446744073709547520                                       |
| max_binlog_size                 |
1073741824                                                 |
| max_connect_errors              |
10                                                         |
| max_connections                 |
100                                                        |
| max_delayed_threads             |
20                                                         |
| max_error_count                 |
64                                                         |
| max_heap_table_size             |
16777216                                                   |
| max_insert_delayed_threads      |
20                                                         |
| max_join_size                   |
18446744073709551615                                       |
| max_length_for_sort_data        |
1024                                                       |
| max_prepared_stmt_count         |
16382                                                      |
| max_relay_log_size              |
0                                                          |
| max_seeks_for_key               |
18446744073709551615                                       |
| max_sort_length                 |
1024                                                       |
| max_sp_recursion_depth          |
0                                                          |
| max_tmp_tables                  |
32                                                         |
| max_user_connections            |
0                                                          |
| max_write_lock_count            |
18446744073709551615                                       |
| multi_range_count               |
256                                                        |
| myisam_data_pointer_size        |
6                                                          |
| myisam_max_sort_file_size       |
9223372036853727232                                        |
| myisam_recover_options          |
OFF                                                        |
| myisam_repair_threads           |
1                                                          |
| myisam_sort_buffer_size         |
8388608                                                    |
| myisam_stats_method             |
nulls_unequal                                              |
| net_buffer_length               |
16384                                                      |
| net_read_timeout                |
30                                                         |
| net_retry_count                 |
10                                                         |
| net_write_timeout               |
60                                                         |
| new                             |
OFF                                                        |
| old_passwords                   |
ON                                                         |
| open_files_limit                |
1024                                                       |
| optimizer_prune_level           |
1                                                          |
| optimizer_search_depth          |
62                                                         |
| pid_file                        |
/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid                                 |
| plugin_dir
| port                            |
3306                                                       |
| preload_buffer_size             |
32768                                                      |
| profiling                       |
OFF                                                        |
| profiling_history_size          |
15                                                         |
| protocol_version                |
10                                                         |
| query_alloc_block_size          |
8192                                                       |
| query_cache_limit               |
1048576                                                    |
| query_cache_min_res_unit        |
4096                                                       |
| query_cache_size                |
16777216                                                   |
| query_cache_type                |
ON                                                         |
| query_cache_wlock_invalidate    |
OFF                                                        |
| query_prealloc_size             |
8192                                                       |
| range_alloc_block_size          |
4096                                                       |
| read_buffer_size                |
131072                                                     |
| read_only                       |
OFF                                                        |
| read_rnd_buffer_size            |
262144                                                     |
| relay_log
| relay_log_index
| relay_log_info_file             |
relay-log.info                                             |
| relay_log_purge                 |
ON                                                         |
| relay_log_space_limit           |
0                                                          |
| rpl_recovery_rank               |
0                                                          |
| secure_auth                     |
OFF                                                        |
| secure_file_priv
| server_id                       |
0                                                          |
| skip_external_locking           |
ON                                                         |
| skip_networking                 |
OFF                                                        |
| skip_show_database              |
OFF                                                        |
| slave_compressed_protocol       |
OFF                                                        |
| slave_load_tmpdir               |
/tmp/                                                      |
| slave_net_timeout               |
3600                                                       |
| slave_skip_errors               |
OFF                                                        |
| slave_transaction_retries       |
10                                                         |
| slow_launch_time                |
2                                                          |
| socket                          |
/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock                                  |
| sort_buffer_size                |
2097144                                                    |
| sql_big_selects                 |
ON                                                         |
| sql_mode
| sql_notes                       |
ON                                                         |
| sql_warnings                    |
OFF                                                        |
| ssl_ca
| ssl_capath
| ssl_cert
| ssl_cipher
| ssl_key
| storage_engine                  |
MyISAM                                                     |
| sync_binlog                     |
0                                                          |
| sync_frm                        |
ON                                                         |
| system_time_zone                |
IST                                                        |
| table_cache                     |
64                                                         |
| table_lock_wait_timeout         |
50                                                         |
| table_type                      |
MyISAM                                                     |
| thread_cache_size               |
0                                                          |
| thread_stack                    |
262144                                                     |
| time_format                     |
%H:%i:%s                                                   |
| time_zone                       |
SYSTEM                                                     |
| timed_mutexes                   |
OFF                                                        |
| tmp_table_size                  |
33554432                                                   |
| tmpdir                          |
/tmp/                                                      |
| transaction_alloc_block_size    |
8192                                                       |
| transaction_prealloc_size       |
4096                                                       |
| tx_isolation                    |
REPEATABLE-READ                                            |
| updatable_views_with_limit      |
YES                                                        |
| version                         |
5.0.77                                                     |
| version_bdb                     | Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB
4.1.24: (January 29, 2009) |
| version_comment                 | Source
distribution                                        |
| version_compile_machine         |
x86_64                                                     |
| version_compile_os              |
redhat-linux-gnu                                           |
| wait_timeout                    | 28800

Thanks in Advance
Abdul Mohid Khan

individual named.  If you are not the named addressee, you are notified that
reviewing, disseminating, disclosing, copying or distributing this e-mail is
strictly prohibited.  Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you
have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability
for any loss or damage caused by viruses or errors or omissions in the contents
of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. [FriendFinder
Networks, Inc., 220 Humbolt court, Sunnyvale, CA 94089, USA, FriendFinder.com