Well... just summarizing my thread here.

I tested this today.

As Carsten mentioned...

Without the function 'ignore_user_abort(true);', when the browser is
closed the script will stop at some point (if there's output ('echo etc') of
certain number (1,000s) of characters remaining.).

Many Thanks to Carsten!!