Hi all,

posted this in the backup list, but that one seems to be pretty dead, so i'll
try my luck again here:

We're currently looking for a way to backup a pretty big mysql table to a csv file. However, we don't want to allow the user ssh or file access to the server, so it'd have to happen remotely. the --tab/-T option allows exporting to csv, but not remotely. So we're looking for a way to have mysqldump store these files remotely, on the client where mysqldump is executed. I've been looking up and down, only to find bad news, so I'm pretty sure it's just not possible. I know there are ways to do this (little script to convert the sql to csv, or pipe it all through sed), but we were just wondering if we're really not overlooking a nifty option in mysqldump :-)

Thanks in advance

mavoo