To: "Carl" <c...@etrak-plus.com>
Cc: <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2010 8:09 AM
Subject: Re: Master - master replication

I beleive the issue is more storage related than anything else.
Multiple servers exponentially increased risk of compromise.

Carl wrote:
This is both interesting and puzzling.

The only way credit card information can be aquired is through SSL communication with the user (user enters credit card information which is used to authorize the transactions, whatever.) Yet, that same process is not sufficient to comply with PCI DSS requirements to move the card information from one server to another. Seems illogical since both transmissions are exposed in the same way.

Thanks,

Carl
----- Original Message ----- From: John Daisley