ssl is not enough for pci dss compliance. If you store credit card
information and are not pci compliant you can be heavily fined and have your
ability to process/accept credit card payments permanently removed.

The storage and transmission of credit card details demands end-to-end
encryption and tokenization. MySQL replication with ssl is not going to meet
the requirements. Probably be easier to write the data to both servers
directly rather than writing to one and then trying to secure replication to
a level demanded by the pci regs.

regards
John