On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 2:39 PM, Sydney Puente <sydneypue...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a mysqldump file created by AutoMySQLBackup.
> And it hangs when I do a
> mysql > source backup.sql
> It is 32 MB - it creates 4 tables and after creation of each table it
> populates it.
> Actually it only creates the 1st table before hanging.
>
> My first thought is it would be nice to echo each of the commands it is
> executing so I can tell whoch command it is that is the problem.
> My second thought is that there must be a quite a few troubleshooting
> techniques i could/should use - except I dont know hwtat they are.
>
> All advice gratefully received!
>
> BTW Platform redhat 5.2,   Server version       5.0.54a-enterprise
>
> -Syd

The easiest way to see what MySQL is working on is to start up another
connections and run "SHOW PROCESSLIST".  Note that the command output
will be truncated if it is long at all. If you need to see the entire
query run "SHOW FULL PROCESSLIST".

Alternatively start up the mysql client with the --verbose flag. I
don't recall in what version that became available. You will probably
flood your term if you use this option.

--
Rob Wultsch
wult...@gmail.com