Steven,

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 9:09 AM, Steven Staples <sstap...@mnsi.net> wrote:
> Baron,
>
> Out of curiosity, do you (or anyone else) know what could be an issue with
> upgrading to even 5.0.93?  or even the 5.1 branch?
>
> There are a lot of stored procedures/functions, as well as the fact that it
> is being replicated (the backup server is running multiple instances, and
> is replicating 3 other servers).   So, all the sql databases will have to
> be updated/upgraded, but is there anything I/we should be made aware of
> before we go ahead? (there is a lot of release notes to sift through)

There are -- but unfortunately there's no magic wand :-(  You really
do have to read the changelogs and determine what matters to you.  You
already said you use stored procedures and functions, and a lot of the
bug fixes involve those.  The more complex your usage, the more work
upgrades are.  I would suggest using the mk-upgrade tool from Maatkit
to help ferret out issues.

- Baron