What do you mean "time to increase"?  What tells you that?

A database's size is determined by the amount of available diskspace.  If
you need more than the filesystem that it is currently on has, then you can
either move the entire schema (which is synonymous to "database") to another
filesystem and symlink it.  You can also store individual tables and table
files on other file systems and symlink those.  Either way, you have the
total collection of disk space available to you.  This assumes a Linux OS.

If your innodb tables are being restricted, you need to see if you have a
max size defined for the table space and if that is what you're bumping
into.