generally, it is:
INSERT INTO TABLE1 (fieldname [ , fieldname]* ) VALUES (value[, value]*)

If you don't list the columns, it assumes you are inserting all of them, so:

INSERT INTO TABLE1 (mycolumn  ) VALUES ('stuff')

This will also work
INSERT INTO TABLE1 VALUES (0, 'stuff')

the auto-increment will engage on an insert of 0

 - michael dykman

--
 - michael dykman
 - mdyk...@gmail.com